Here are the the most frequently asked questions and their answers.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us.
1. What is a PPO?
- What is a PPO?
- Can my zip code affect my rate?
- Can I buy health insurance directly from the insurance company for less?
- What services will HealthFirm provide to my employees?
- Why not just use my broker?
- How are you unique?
A PPO is an organization of that has a relationship with doctors, hospitals, physician groups and medical facilities. The purpose is to bring greater value to the insured through a group relationship and deeper discounts. This type of plan allows an insured to choose the physician they would like to see with out seeing a gatekeeper.
2. Can my zip code affect my rate?
In some cases your zip code may determine what network of providers you would fall into. This could effect the pricing inside your plan.
3. Can I buy health insurance directly from the insurance company for less?
No. Your insurance rates are the same if you use our services or if you do not. We provide a free service to the consumer and are compensated by the insurance company for helping you.
4. What services will HealthFirm provide to my employees?
We offer a free group seminar to review the benefits package and to educate your employees on how to get the most use out of their health insurance plan. We also make ourselves available on a regular basis for questions, concerns and or help in claims processing and payment.
HealthFirm is available to help our clients when problems arise with billing, claims adjustment, claims payment, new hires, terminations, and many more. We become the human resources department for you without any cost to you.
What is your role in developing an employer benefits program?
Unlike most brokers, we listen and ask questions to find out what type of plan might fit your needs the best. We can custom design a plan that is unique to your company and your employees, not a cookie cutter approach. We then begin to research the market of health providers to find the one that meets both price and overall desire that has been set forth at the beginning.
5. Why not just use my broker?
Brokers are historically focused on putting you with a company from which they make the most commission. It is a good idea to get a second opinion. It is possible that your current broker does not work with some of the carriers we do. HealthFirm works with you to help you design a plan that is useful. We are in the business of helping you save money not spend where you don't need to.
6. How are you unique?
- Four Stage Process- HealthFirm has developed a 4 stage process to help our clients better understand the value of adding employee benefits.
- Extras - We have arrangements with several carriers that offer our clients special services and values that you may not receive from other firms.
- Annual Review - We have setup an annual review process that lets you know if what you are paying for group health is still competitive.
- Volume - Our organization quotes more groups in a month than the average person does all year. This amount of quoting keeps us up to date on industry trends; carrier changes and lets us know who is competitive in the market.