Choosing the correct health care coverage is one of the most important insurance decisions you can make. Choose wisely.
If you or a family member has ever been sick or injured, you know how important it is to have health coverage. Imagine for a moment the expense if you didn't have health insurance coverage:
What would it cost to have an orthopedist set your broken leg? How much would it cost to have your appendix removed? Think you know? Here is the cost of some common medical procedures.
* These figures are the estimated average physician costs for some common medical procedures. Surgical procedures do not include anesthesia or other hospitalization costs. Source: Medirisk, Inc., Atlanta
- Arthroscopic knee surgery, involving the insertion of a tiny camera to examine the interior joints can cost $7820.
- Coronary artery bypass surgery, which can eliminate chest pain, reduce fatigue, increase exercise capacity and for some, prolong life, can cost $5674.
- A cataract operation to relieve a cataract, a hardening or cloudiness of the lens of the eye, can cost $6756
- Prostatectomy, treatment for cancer of the prostate, can cost $4227.
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging), used to diagnose tumors, cancers, and various disorders affecting brain, heart, nervous system, bone, joint, and muscles, can cost $2551.
- Regular costs to deliver a baby by c-section can cost $4364.
- Stitches for a facial wound can cost $334
- A hip replacement for a broken hip can cost $5459.
HealthFirm can help you avoid these potential financially draining expenses. Most people, especially with dependents, need health insurance. To determine how much health insurance you need, start by considering the typical medical expenses you and your family incur (i.e., doctor visits, medical tests, prescriptions). Don't forget to plan for the unexpected!
Of course, we can help you evaluate your specific needs, and we can recommend the right health insurance plan to cover those needs from multiple insurance carriers. We’ll ask questions that target YOUR needs and then we’ll listen – really listen – to your answers. When we’re confident we understand your needs and goals, we’ll go to work, searching for insurance plans that we are confident will work for you. In fact, we won’t rest until we are sure we did all we could do for you and your family. Then we’ll present you with the options you need to make the right choice for you and your family – without any high-pressure sales pitch. Believe it or not, we’ll even tell you if your current plan beats anything we can offer now. That’s just the way we do business here at HealthFirm.
We think you deserve a choice. So we’ll point out the benefits offered by each and all plans we recommend. You’ll know what services are limited or not covered. What doctors, hospitals, and other medical providers are part of the plan? Are there enough of the kinds of doctors you want to see? Do you need to choose a primary care doctor? If you want to see a specialist, can you refer yourself, or must your primary care doctor refer you? Do you need approval from the plan before going into the hospital or getting specialty care?
After all only you can decide if any plan is a good match between what services are provided and what you think you will need. At HealthFirm, we simply make the process much easier and less complicated.